The inaugural P3 competition, run by Soutar Writers, is now closed. This year’s judge is prize-winning poet Patricia Ace whose latest collection, Fabulous Beast, was launched in March of this year and is published by Freight Books.
The winning poem will receive a prize of £100 sterling and the runner up £50 sterling. Both winners will be published on the Soutar Writers website. Entry is online only and a link to the entry form is at the foot of this page.
Conditions of Entry
- The competition is open to anyone over the age of 16.
- Poems should be no more than 40 lines, excluding title and blank lines, and can be on any subject and in any style.
- Poems can only be submitted electronically; sorry, no postal entries!
- Each poem entered must have a title.
- Up to three poems may be entered at a cost of £3/1 poem; £5/2 poems; £7/3 poems.
- All poems must be written in English – no translations please.
- Entries must be in a legible 12 point font and single spaced.
- Poems are judged anonymously and the entrant’s name should not appear on the page.
- Poems must be the original work of the entrant, unpublished, and must not have won a prize in any other competition.
- No entrant may win more than one prize.
- Once submitted entries cannot be amended or returned. Please keep a copy of all the poems you have submitted.
- The deadline date for entries is 12 midnight (UK time) on Saturday 31st August 2013.
All entries will initially be read by members of the Soutar Writers committee. Twenty will then be passed to the judge, Patricia Ace, who will select the winner and runner-up. The judge’s decision is final.
Copyright remains with the author, but Soutar Writers reserve the right to display winning entries on their website, and to display, broadcast, or use them in promotional literature for a period of twelve months after the competition closes.
The winner and runner up will be notified by 1st October 2013 and the results, including the short list, will be displayed on the Soutar Writers website after that date.
The Perth Poetry Prize is organised and administered by Soutar Writers and does not have any connection with Perth and Kinross Council.
Click Entry Form to submit your entry. You’ll be asked to submit your entry fee via Paypal; enter your contact details; upload your document(s); then complete your submission. Best of luck!